Return to Play & Competition Protocols
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people.
- Stay home if you feel sick and contact your health care provider.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Throw used tissues in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid contact with other individuals (shaking hands, for example).
- Use hand sanitizer or soap and water (when available) often.
Prior to Arriving:
- It is recommended that players from different households do not drive/carpool together.
- Daily Health Screening - each player and coach should check his/her temperature at home, and refrain from participation if he or she has a fever (≥100.4 degrees F).
- He/she is not currently demonstrating or suffering from any ill symptoms (see Appendix A).
- He/she has not had a suspected or documented case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- He/she has not had any close contact with a sick individual or anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (see Appendix C).
- Any player that does not meet the above criteria should be restricted from participation and sent home.
At the Field for Training and Games
- Total attendance is limited to 250 people per field.
- Any team pre- and post-match handshakes should not occur.
- Player’s equipment should be spread appropriately out so during breaks players remain at least 10 feet apart.
- Must sanitize hands upon arriving to the field.
- Handshakes or contact in substitutions should be avoided.
- Celebrations should not contain physical contact.
- Avoid touching soccer balls with their uncovered-hands.
- Appropriate physical distancing should occur between players and coaches at all times. If physical distancing cannot be accomplished the coach shall wear a face covering when communicating with the player.
- Players on the sideline/bench should remain physically distanced (6 feet minimum) at all times.
- Teams should not congregate, post-training or post-game and debriefs should be kept to a minimum.
- All attendees should maintain physical distancing guidelines after the practice or when the game is completed.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PLAYERS and PLAYERS THAT DRIVE TO THE FIELD - If thunderstorms or other inclement weather is in the area at the time of training or games, please stay in the parking lot to find shelter
in your car if needed.
- Only coaches should handle practice equipment (disc, cones, etc.)
Reporting of Positive or Suspected Positive COVID-19 Infection:
- Any individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should notify their respective clubs immediately. Contact Person – Cory Carroll, Director of Soccer 540-353-3907 or email at email@example.com
- Players and coaches should bring their own equipment (hand sanitizer, water bottle, ball, etc.) that should not be shared between individuals.
- Pinnies shall be individually distributed to each player and used by that player for the training session, and washed in between each team contact.
- Balls should not be handled with their hands, by any player, with the exception of the goalkeeper with gloves on.
- During cold weather players should not “bundle-up” together on the bench in blankets as appropriate physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Everyone is expected to cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing (into the nape of the elbow).
- Anyone feeling sick should leave the facility immediately, go home and if needed, seek medical guidance from a healthcare provider.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with their hands whenever possible.
- It is strongly recommended that people over the age of 65 and/or people with pre-existing conditions do not attend.
- Virginia Department of Health recommends wearing a cloth face mask at all times in public settings whether indoor or outdoor.
APPENDIX A - SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INFECTION
Individuals with COVID-19 can exhibit symptoms ranging from the following:
The most common symptoms associated with infection include:
- Fever ( ≥100.4 degrees F)
- Shortness of breath
Less common symptoms that may still be evidence of COVID-19 infection include:
- Sore throat
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle / joint pain
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
Note: Some people do not have symptoms, or have very mild symptoms. Persons with COVID-19 may be infectious two days prior to symptom onset